Note: This site is no longer being maintained, unfortunately. Most of the pages haven't been modified for years. See the homepage for the only part of this site that is being kept up to date.
jump to bottom of page
This poll was conducted by Jim Lick in Jan/Feb 93.
Jim Lick said on Mon, 4 Jan 93:
Folks, I just added a new subscriber, and the Clarissa list is now up to a total of 40 subscribers! Who woulda thought??
Anyways, I've been noticing some interesting trends in types of subscribers, and I'm getting a bit curious about them. So I thought, why not take a poll?? So if you don't mind, please take a few minutes to fill out this poll and return it to me by email. Poll results that are posted will be limited to cumulative stats, so there will be nothing that can identify what you in particular said. Some of these questions may not make sense to you, but they reflect what I know of the subscriber base so far.
The poll is pretty short, so please take a couple of minutes to fill out and return. And remember to return it to ME, and not the list. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Your Age?
2) Are you Male or Female?
3) Computer Experience: (select one)
a) I just know how to send email
b) I can find my way around the standard programs
c) I can program a bit too
d) I'm a very experienced programmer
e) I'm a systems administrator for multiuser systems
4) Have you ever seen any anime (Japanese Animation)?
5) Are you a fan of anime?
6) If you answered yes to questions 4 or 5, what similarities (if any) do you see between Clarissa Explains It All and anime?
7) How were you introduced to watching Clarissa Explains It All?
8) Who is your favorite character in Clarissa Explains It All?
9) What is your favorite episode of Clarissa Explains It All?
10) What is your favorite outfit that Clarissa wears in the opening or closing credits?
11) Why do you think you like to watch Clarissa Explains It All?
Jim Lick said on Sun, 21 Feb 93:
There were 21 responses to the poll. Here is the first part of the summary of responses:
1) Your Age?Average : 28 Highest : 46 Lowest : 20 Most Common: 23 (5 responses)Observations: this is a lot older than I would have expected!
2) Sex?Male : 20 Female: 1Observations: Probably has a lot to do with the general lack of females on the network in general.
3) Computer Experience:
(For this one I wanted the highest applicable response. Some folks said they were both d and e, which means I marked them down as e.)a) I just know how to send email : 0 b) I can find my way around the standard programs : 1 c) I can program a bit too : 3 d) I'm a very experienced programmer : 8 e) I'm a systems administrator for multiuser systems : 9Observations: While computer experience of network users is generally high, this is one of the things that kind of surprised me, in particular how many people are or have been sysadmins. This was something I had noticed earlier and one of the reasons I wanted to do the poll.
4) Have you ever seen any anime (Japanese Animation)?Yes: 13 No : 85) Are you a fan of anime?Yes: 9 No : 12Observations: Wow, if this doesn't tip the scales! I knew that a good percentage of Clarissa fans on the list were anime fans, which was the reason for this question, but I was even surprised that it was this strong!
6) What similarities (if any) do you see between Clarissa Explains It All and anime?
Responses included: (excluding ``none'' or ``i dunno'')the babes man, the babes! the situation man, the situation! the clothes man, the clothes! the scenery man, the scenery! the music man, the music! the paintbox graphics are often better than the anime backgrounds Well, C's haircut and huge eyes, her overall bounciness and animated expressions and those quotes that sometimes sound like they've been written in English, translated to Japanese and then translated back to English.part two soon!
Note: I don't think part two ever materialized.
jump to top of page
Current section: Info Archives / Mailing List / Polls
Results of 1995 mailing list poll
Previous page: Mailing list polls
[Info Archives] [Melissa] [Sabrina] [Clarissa] [Mailing List] [What's New?] [E-mail Me]